Make app unavailable, and reuse the name from another account ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

If I make my app unavailable, will I be able to create an app from another account and use the same name ?

Regards

Steeve

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hello,   for security purposes, I would like to transfer windows 10 apps I created under one Microsoft Account to another Microsoft Developer Account.  How can I do this?  Thanks.
    Friday, January 19, 2018 9:29 PM
  • Hello,

For app transfer issue, you could contact Dev Center support through your developer account to submit your specific request with detailed info.

Please select Applications as your Issue Type and click "Submit an incident".

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Monday, January 29, 2018 7:05 AM
    Monday, January 22, 2018 5:55 AM
  • Hi,

I submited with success an application on the microsoft store, using my developer account.

Finaly, I shouldn't used my account, so now I would like to use the right developper account to puplish again my application.

If I try to submit my application from the right account, I can not do it because of the application name is used.

Ideally, I'd like to migrate my applition from my account to the right account, but I can't find information about how to do it.

I could remove my app from the first account, and add my app using the right account, but I can't find how to remove an app on the dashboard when I'm connected on my developper account.

How can I proceed ?

Regards

Steeve
    • Merged by Mattew Wu Thursday, February 8, 2018 6:15 AM duplicate post
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 8:34 AM
  • Hello,

For app transferring issue, you could contact Dev Center support through your developer account to ask for support. Just provide enough detailed information.

Also, you can remove your application by clicking "Make product unavailable" from App overview page to unpublish your app firstly. And then you could follow documentation to Delete app names so that you could use it again in your another account.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:09 AM
    Tuesday, January 30, 2018 10:09 AM
  • Hi Steeve,

Making it unavailable in the Store cannot make that app name be available to your another account. Because your app has been published and the app cannot be deleted directly in dashboard.

Since your app has been published in the Store, you need to reserve additional app name in Manage app names page. And you could follow Rename an app that has already been published so that the new name will be currently in use by your app. And then you could find the old name in Manage app names page and delete it to release that name. So that this name will be available and you could reserve it in your another devleoper account.

If it helps, you might mark it as answer so that other community could also find it more conveniently.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

• Edited by Mattew Wu Wednesday, January 31, 2018 5:37 AM
    Wednesday, January 31, 2018 3:09 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer. I just did make my app unavailable, and go to the Manage app names page.

I can't find any Actions colonne in the list. Do I have to wait 24 hours or there is something else ?

Regards

Steeve

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:52 AM
  • Hi Steeve,

Currently, you don't need to make your app unavailable. What you need to do is to reserve an additional name in Manage app names page. And update your submission to publish your app with that additional name. After your new app name gets published successfully, the name you want to transfer will be able to be deleted.

So you might firstly make your app available again and update it follow the document above to publish it with the new name.

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, January 31, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

I did excactly as proposed, I made back my app available, reserved an additional name in Manage app names, Change the name of my app in the manifeste before compiling in release mode et create the app package, submit it in en new submision.

My new submission is in the store, but I can't remove the old name. I can just remove the new one.

What can I do ?

Regards

Steeve

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:44 AM
  • Hi Steeve,

If so, you might contact Dev Center support through your developer account to request for help to transfer your app to your new dev account.

Please select Application as your Issue Type and click "submit an incident".

Best regards,

Zhendong Wu

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:09 AM