none
Which category to use, when creating a new DTM submission? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we have a driver, that reads & writes values to our self developed motherboards. Our driver
    does this via SM-BUS, GPIOs & IO Ports.

Now we want to WHQL-certify this driver. Therefore we have to run the DTM tests for this
    driver. In the past I already got a MS certificate for another USB-based driver. Therefore
    I am already familiar with the entire WHQL process.

Creating a new submission asks for a driver category and sub-category. I tried to use the
    category "system submission --> motherboard". But when I choosed this submission the
    create-submission-wizard does not ask for an *.inf file. To be able to pass our *.inf file
    into the DTM test, I used now the category "unclassified submission --> unclassified".

The question is which is the right category for our driver? As I already said, our driver
    uses SM-BUS, GPIOs & IO Ports to read & write values. Can somebody please tell me, what
    category we have to choose for such a driver. Or where ( link to an helpfull web page )
    we can figure that out.

Thanks in advance for good helpfull answers.
    • Moved by HLK ModeratorModerator Wednesday, October 3, 2012 5:23 PM Move to new forum (From:Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development)
    Friday, June 29, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• pretty sure that unclassified is the route you need to go down

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 29, 2012 10:32 PM

All replies

• pretty sure that unclassified is the route you need to go down

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, June 29, 2012 10:32 PM

• Ok thanks for your fast answer.

The unclassified x86 tests already succeeded ( after fixing a small bug in an inf file ).
    So now I also will run those tests on x64. And if they also succeed, I will pass submission package together
    with the driver to MS, to receive the certificate.

But what will happen, if unclassified is not the right category? How would I notice that?
    Monday, July 2, 2012 6:56 AM
  • I don't know

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:53 PM