Embedding Windows Media Player in a webpage - default image? RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Forum

I apologise if this is in the wrong section - I could not find a suitable place to post this thread.  I really hope somebody can help me.  I have been struggling for ages on something which I imagine should be very simple.

I have embedded Windows Media player into a webpage fairly successfully, and it plays, pauses, volume controls work etc. The only thing is... I really want to put in a default image in before the user presses play.

I have already tried the following:

Putting the background image in the table cell. Then, inside the player object, using <param name="transparentAtStart" value="true">. I am sure this should work, but it does not. If I remove the object entirely from the code, the image appears, so obviously the transparency is not working.

I downloaded the Windows Media Player SDK and it does not mention anything about this parameter, so I wonder if it has been removed in version 10?? There was also another one called animationAtStart, which transparentAtStart overrides, but fiddling with this does not solve the problem either.

As far I have experimented, I cannot seem to use CSS <div> with the z-index property either, basically because I do not want to absolutely reference the position of the object.

Inside the object tag, you can also include a parameter called "standby" which you can write a string to say "loading" etc. However this does not seem to work either!

I cannot believe that something so basic is so difficult. Have I got the wrong end of the stick anywhere? I would be really grateful if anyone could help!

Thanks very much
    Frances
    Saturday, February 11, 2006 10:39 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Could you please post it on http://forums.asp.net/. That's the best place to get quick responses on ASP/web related development issues.

Thanks.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please post it on http://forums.asp.net/. That's the best place to get quick responses on ASP/web related development issues.

Thanks.

Monday, February 13, 2006 2:20 PM
  • Hi Frances

How did you resolve this problem finally?

Thanks very much

Juany

Monday, July 16, 2007 6:31 PM
  • I also wonder how this was finally resolved. I have been having the very same issue. Please let us know.

Thursday, October 4, 2007 6:43 PM