DNS record will not save RRS feed

• Question

• On Azure Portal, under DNS Zone, I'm trying to update the A record on my DNS from the current IP address to the new IP address of a Digital Ocean server, but there is no SAVE button, neither before <g class="gr_ gr_1291 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="1291" id="1291">i</g> input the new value nor after. There is only the Discard button. 

The 3rd party company that we use to help us with the tech stuff is in India and I don't know if <g class="gr_ gr_371 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="371" id="371">i</g> have proper permissions to make this change. but <g class="gr_ gr_456 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="456" id="456">i</g> think <g class="gr_ gr_475 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" data-gr-id="475" id="475">i</g> do since when I look up "my permissions" it says: 

Your account '[removed]' has been assigned the role 'User Access Administrator' (type BuiltInRole) and has access to scope '/subscriptions/[removed]/resourceGroups/ResourceGroup/providers/Microsoft.Network/dnszones/[domainname].com'

So I'd rather not wait until Monday to make the website change, so I'm hoping someone here can let me know if this is a permission issue, or if there is something I'm not doing right?

thanks

• Edited by AS2025 Friday, July 7, 2017 10:53 PM
    • Moved by Nirushi J Saturday, July 8, 2017 7:44 AM Moved from AD to Networking
    Friday, July 7, 2017 10:53 PM

Answers

• That could be the issue here. 'User Access Administrator' does not give you access to modify resources such as Azure DNS. You need to have a Contributor level access at the least to modify resources. You can check with someone who has a Contributor level access or even an owner level access to your resources and see if the "Save" button is highlighted. Check if you can get a Network Contributor role assigned to your account from your network administrator..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Loydon Mendonca Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by AS2025 Saturday, July 8, 2017 1:42 PM
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:17 PM

All replies

• That could be the issue here. 'User Access Administrator' does not give you access to modify resources such as Azure DNS. You need to have a Contributor level access at the least to modify resources. You can check with someone who has a Contributor level access or even an owner level access to your resources and see if the "Save" button is highlighted. Check if you can get a Network Contributor role assigned to your account from your network administrator..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Proposed as answer by Loydon Mendonca Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:17 PM
    • Marked as answer by AS2025 Saturday, July 8, 2017 1:42 PM
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 12:17 PM
  • that turned out to be correct. my User Access Administrator did not allow that access. they have changed my role to Contributor, and it works. thanks for your help.
    Saturday, July 8, 2017 2:23 PM
  • Glad to know you got it working.

Saturday, July 8, 2017 3:12 PM