none
Customize Outlook Web App - Rename the browser title RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I trying to change default login page and theme for OWA 2010 SP2 RU1. (I am aware of  Microsoft PSS policy on customized OWA forms)

OWA published via TMG, and im able to successfully change the login page and logout page for OWA.

Now my concern is once after user logged in to the OWA, browser title shows as "Outlook Web App - Sandheep Unnikrishnan"

I could not find an option to change this title to "my mail server- sandheep unnikrishnan"

After digging the most of the aspx file (Im not developer/dont have any knowledge on web development) I found title is written as follows.

<title><%=LocalizedStrings.GetHtmlEncoded(Strings.IDs.OutlookWebAccess) %></title>

Can someone help me to identify, from where this strings are generated and how to change it?

Thank You,

Sandheep

Thanks, Sandheep

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 7:01 AM

All replies

• I found C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ClientAccess\Owa\Bin\en with a file named Microsoft.Exchange.Clients.Strings.resources.dll, so I fear that all language localized string resources are precompiled in dll files, and therefore you would either have to code your own strings and load them or you would hard-code the title you wanted in the line you quoted above. There should be a dynamic part however to load the actual users' name or mailbox display name.

And there seems to be also a whole customization facility to create your own forms which seems to be a lot of work. But I am no expert, I need some help to customize my own startpage.aspx myself.

This is the same on my EX2007 startpage.aspx, containing the display name part:

<title><%= string.Format(LocalizedStrings.GetHtmlEncoded(Strings.IDs.UserOutlookWebAccess), Utilities.HtmlEncode(ExchangePrincipalDisplayName))%></title>

• Edited by Rosario2 Wednesday, March 28, 2012 12:16 PM
    Wednesday, March 28, 2012 10:47 AM
  • If I understand your question correctly, you might try this:

<title>My Mail Server - <% = Utilities.HtmlEncode(ExchangePrincipalDisplayName) %></title>

Mobile OWA For Smartphone
    www.leederbyshire.com
    email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 3:16 PM