none
Kinect multipoint project in last stages and new progress RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have gotten progress on the kinect multipoint project. I have been trying to get the dsf(device simulation framework) section test done so i can recode that part in vb.net and focus on the kinect part of my code.

okay so far i got the emulated mouse device created in device manger on the dsf side but multipoint sample programs or mouse msichief do not pick up the generic mouse device.

Once the above is done this is what i need done on kinect side for completion:

1. detect a new player or user in kinect and track them and if they leave the room or in site of kinect device detect it.

2. i want up to 20-30 players supported minimum by this but since kinect is limited to 6 players per kinect device i want multiple kinect devices with tracking support to be supported in future kinect releases.

3. I have a discussion on codeplex showing full vbscript code sample for the emulator which just uses a dll file with the driver installed to get this to work  (can import com assemblies into vb.net allowing recode of sample in vb.net).

4. wish to have support for retracking the same person after leaving the room in kinect in future versions of the sdk illiminating the need for difficult depth image calculations or other hard work arounds.

project page: http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com
    • Edited by The Thinker Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:36 PM
    Thursday, October 27, 2011 2:33 PM