CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer does not exist RRS feed

• Question

• User1180806401 posted

Hi guys

I've deployed a website to a client and I'm getting : "The type or namespace name 'DataDefModel' does not exist in the namespace 'CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer' (are you missing an assembly reference?)" Error?

I've deployed the same website to two similar client in Server 2012 R2 and all worked but with this last client with the same platform I've installed (enabled) IIS and I was getting an error regarding reference not found related to crystals so I removed all Crystal report references webconfig (<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>) and got the website running But not I'm getting the above error in relation to CrystalDesicions namespace not found?

FYI, I've also installed : CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_4  and CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_20 but didn't make any differences, and if I put back the refrences to the webconfig I get the Crystal report reference version error?

And the reason why I removed the references from the webconfig because I thought as long as I got the Crystaldesicion DLLs in the Bin folder plus Crystal runtime install it won't need the references in the webconfig !?   

any help pls?

thanks

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:59 AM

All replies

• User-719153870 posted

Hi rbadis,

If you do not add references, but use "using..." directly will cause errors.

You will need to add references to the correspongding assembly first.

Please refer to Here. This might help you.

Best Regard,

Yang Shen

Thursday, July 25, 2019 2:00 AM