none
Site created in Dreamweaver does not display correctly in Expression Web RRS feed

• Question

• I am using the original version of Expression Web.  A web designer created a new site for me using Adobe Dreamweaver and I am trying to bring that over into EW.  When I do and double click on any page, the text and layout of the pages is jumbled.  I am simply wanting to do some routine maintenance to the site, however, I can find no way to make the index or any other page display correctly in EW.  I can upload the site to my server with no problem, I just can't edit text or even see the page in it's correct form....does anyone have a solution or advice on this problem? I wonder if my older version of Expression Web is just not compatible with Dreamweaver created sites...any help would be appreciated...

Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:18 PM

All replies

• The problem, if there is one, is in the code. We need to see the site (as it says in the Forum FAQ at the top) so that we can see the code--all of it. Do not paste a bunch of code here, just post a link to site.

On the other hand, it may be that you don't have the whole site and the style sheet on your computer.

"If I had asked my customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse." Henry Ford
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 2:56 PM
  • Post a link to the site. There is absolutely no reason that a Dreamweaver site should be incompatible with Expression Web. I use Expression Web on both all the time. There is a difference in Dreamweaver DWT syntax used by newer versions of Dreamweaver since the DWT syntax in Expression Web uses the older DWT syntax. Which means that Expression Web created DWTs will update in Dreamweaver but those created in Dreamweaver MX 2004 or later will not work in Expression Web.

I suspect severa; possible issues. First, you aren't working in a locally defined web and opening the site before you are opening the page. That means that Expression Web has no context in which to apply the stylesheet link in the head section so the stylesheet is not being applied. Another cause maybe that the links are root relative and you are using a version of Expression Web that doesn't support root relative links. Server side includes maybe used.  There are other possiblities as well but only seeing the site would allow us to determine which possiblity is most likely.

So provide a link to your site and we'll tell you what we can. 

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Saturday, May 7, 2011 3:50 PM