How to Query RDF using SPARQL for required input value? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

It would be great if anybody can provide us with some information about the SPARQL (Query language for RDF). I could able to get some information about this in http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/ but when I tried to use same SELECT Query with the CSF Profile store we are getting the exception that "SELECT" keyword is not defined with CSF schema.

I even tried to use the CONSTRUCT statement provided in the CHM file but when we tried to query with this we got lot number of records, In this regard how can we filter the queried records with a particular values that were passed as an input value.

Regards,

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Please take a look at the following URL. We have some code samples. This should give you a good starting point on how to read the profile data stored in the profile manager.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa303102.aspx

Thanks

Thursday, September 21, 2006 5:31 AM
  • Thank you Senthil for providing the information, we could able to implement the logic to get the users information based on the sample provided. But now we have another question:

1. How can we retrieve the profile information if we are going to pass two parameters UserName and the Password?

In general if we pass more than one parameter to get the required record from RDF Profile Store, please provide us the information with some sample implementation....

Thanks & Regards,

Monday, September 25, 2006 9:29 AM
  • I faced a similar problem while reading the data for a user from profile manager and found teh following in the documentation.

• Only CONSTRUCT is supported(and not select)
    • there can be only one triple pattern with CONSTRUCT and WHERE clause which is supported.

If the above two restrictions exist then one workaround way can be to query Profile Manager multiple times. But definitely is not good for the performance of the system.

If anyone can let know of any other way, would be of great help

Ashish

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 6:12 AM
  • Ashish,

Thanks for your answer, we need to query the multiple times for achieving all the conditions. I think there is a limitation in RDF parser to query the RDF file for only with one parameter.

Regards,

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 9:16 AM