Problem with site.mobile.master RRS feed

• Question

• User24748943 posted

hi.

i have a responsive website and am trying to do away with the "mobile" version that is provided by the site.mobile.master file. i did not find any other way to get rid of the "mobile" version apart from simply deleting that file (and the site.mobile.master.cs). after deleting these two files, the website, when running locally on my development machine, does not longer produce mobile pages.

However, when i deploy my site to azure, and exception is raised because the "site.mobile.master" file is missing.

System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/Site.Mobile.Master' does not exist.
       at System.Web.UI.Util.CheckVirtualFileExists(VirtualPath virtualPath)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
       at System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

So it appears some things do worl differently on azure than on my local machine :-)  (i _think_ one of those differerences is azure using net 4 while my machine is running with 4.5.1).

So how do i get rid of the site.mobile thing when hosting on azure ?

WM_THX
    -thomas woelfer

Thursday, May 29, 2014 10:41 AM

All replies

• User1492915735 posted

If you're not going to implement large scale the Windows Azure's Dianostic and simple Loging and Tracing statement is enough!.

The base URL will be different if the site is deployed to a virtual directory
    versus being deployed to the root of the web server. For example, if the virtual
    directory is youDiretory, the base URL (without the domain name) would be
    /youDiretory/Dashboard. This is why relying on the server-side
    Url.Action function is essential, as it takes into account how the
    application is hosted.

Sunday, June 1, 2014 8:26 AM
  • User24748943 posted

sorry.

i don't understand in what way your answer is connected to my question.

WM_THX
    -thomas

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:35 AM
  • User-629844629 posted

Thomas,

I got the same problem.

I removed Modernizr and Respond and now it is working, I really don't know wich one was responsible for that.

Regards,

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:06 PM
  • User24748943 posted

well right now i'm working on other problems; but i'll look into those two (although i doubt i can remove those without reduced funtionality in other parts of the site...). i think there should be a simple way to turn off the mobile part...

WM_THX
    -thomas woelfer

Monday, June 23, 2014 8:09 AM