none
VS 2008 Pro Edition Report Viewer Problem with Assembly RRS feed

• Question

•  

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

This is the error I get after I publish.  I'm not sure what to do to fix this.  I've downloaded the redistributable for the report viewer for 2008.  Please help, I need to have this before the weekend is over.

Thanks,

Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Brian,

The solution was from a previous post you made.  You must have deleted it.  I needed to download the report viewer redistributable to my web server.  That seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks so much.

Monday, January 28, 2008 4:23 PM

All replies

• I'm developing on one machine and publishing to another.  Maybe there is something I need to download to my web server?

Saturday, January 26, 2008 11:24 PM
  • Can you confirm that all the ReportViewer runtime dlls are installed in the GAC on machine with the error and that they are version 9.0?  You should have four dlls:

Microsoft.ReportViewer.WinForms.dll

Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll

Microsoft.ReportViewer.Common.dll

Microsoft.ReportViewer.ProcessingObjectModel.dll

Monday, January 28, 2008 6:11 AM
  • Hi Brian,

The solution was from a previous post you made.  You must have deleted it.  I needed to download the report viewer redistributable to my web server.  That seems to have solved the problem.

Thanks so much.

Monday, January 28, 2008 4:23 PM
  • Reposting for the benefit of others...

The ReportViewer is part of Visual Studio, not the .Net framework.  So if you are going to use it on a machine that doesn't have VS, you'll need the free runtime redist:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=CC96C246-61E5-4D9E-BB5F-416D75A1B9EF&displaylang=en
    Monday, January 28, 2008 7:01 PM
  • Hi Brian, I see you are a reportviewer guru, so here is my question :) . Is it possible to set the Local Copy property of the Report Viewer dlls to True and avoid running the redist package? If yes, how and where do I set this property to True?
    Monday, March 9, 2009 7:41 AM
  • Ok.  Installed both 2005 and 2008 report viewers on our web server, which by the way is a 2008 R2 Web Edition server.  And I can't find the Microsoft.ReportViewer DLL's ANYWHERE, and the website is still throwing the same error as the OP.

So.  Any suggestions?

Wednesday, May 11, 2011 5:32 PM