Desgin mode breaks down during windows store application windows 8

Question

• Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF3)

Please help guys i biluded my first app on vs2012 of windows store app

and my xml desgin viewer crushed with the following error

System.Exception
    Package failed updates, dependency or conflict validation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80073CF3)
       at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateDesignerProcess(String applicationPath, String clientPort, Uri hostUri, IDictionary environmentVariables, Int32& processId, Object& processData)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.ProcessIsolationDomain..ctor(ProcessDomainFactory factory, IIsolationBoundary boundary, AppDomainSetup appDomainInfo, FrameworkName targetFramework, String identifier, String baseDirectory)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.ProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
       at Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.Platform.AppContainerProcessDomainFactory.CreateIsolationDomain(IIsolationBoundary boundary)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.Primitives.IsolationBoundary.CreateInstance[T](Type type)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedExportProvider.Initialize()
       at Microsoft.VisualStudio.ExpressionHost.Services.VSIsolationService.CreateExportProvider(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, ICatalogFactory catalogFactory, IExportFilter filter)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolationService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.CreateLease(IIsolationTarget isolationTarget, CancellationToken cancelToken, DesignerServiceEntry& entry)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.IsolatedDesignerService.IsolatedDesignerView.CreateDesignerViewInfo(CancellationToken cancelToken)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.InvokeWithCulture[T](CultureInfo culture, Func`2 func, CancellationToken cancelToken)
       at Microsoft.Expression.DesignHost.Isolation.IsolatedTaskScheduler.<>c__DisplayClassa`1.<StartTask>b__6()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.InnerInvoke()
       at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()

Please view the image for the error

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh524/Aftab_Ali453/error.png

I am using windows 8 enterpise edition and visual studio 2012. My problem is that when i create a windows 8 store application its desginer crushes everytime i create that particular project .. my license expires on November-20-2012..

I search on google  but no solution where found. i Reinstalled my vs2012 and also repaired it but no difference.

Sunday, October 21, 2012 1:04 AM

Answers

• We investigated this issue offline with Aftab. The problem here is that Aftab unchecked C++ support during installation of Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate, and that is the root cause of this issue. We will look into what we can do to improve this, but a workaround is to run the VS repair and make sure that C++ is checked on during installation.

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Microsoft Expression This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Aftab Sikander Friday, October 26, 2012 10:12 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 4:59 PM

All replies

• Did you upgrade from a previous version of Windows or VS that was installed on the machine (say the Release Preview)?

Can you please share the contents of this file? C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\SDKManifest.xml

If you can get in touch with me offline at unnir at Microsoft dot com, it could be faster.

Thanks,
    Unni

Unni Ravindranathan, Program Manager, Microsoft Expression This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Did you upgrade from a previous version of Windows or VS that was installed on the machine (say the Release Preview)?

Can you please share the contents of this file? C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v8.0\ExtensionSDKs\Microsoft.VCLibs\11.0\SDKManifest.xml

If you can get in touch with me offline at unnir at Microsoft dot com, it could be faster.

Thanks,
    Unni

View theses two image links i have the following vs2012 version and windows 8 version..

System Image :-  http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh524/Aftab_Ali453/system_pic.png

Visual Studio Image :- http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh524/Aftab_Ali453/visualstudio.png

I have send you an email on your above email address please help me solve this problem i am facing this for past 3 days now ..

Email address is aftabsikander@outlook.com

Monday, October 22, 2012 12:32 PM
  • We investigated this issue offline with Aftab. The problem here is that Aftab unchecked C++ support during installation of Visual Studio 2012 Ultimate, and that is the root cause of this issue. We will look into what we can do to improve this, but a workaround is to run the VS repair and make sure that C++ is checked on during installation.

• Marked as answer by Aftab Sikander Friday, October 26, 2012 10:12 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 4:59 PM

Just like Unni Ravindranathan Said I Uncheck my c++ installation module which caused the design view to crash. I reinstalled my Visual Studio Completely and selected C++ this time during setup . Bingo my problem solved now finally I can work without any headache. 

Thanks Unni Ravindranathan for your support :)

Friday, October 26, 2012 10:17 PM
  • Hi,

I met the same problem with a French VS2012 Professionnal. I installed all options but for some reason I declined the dev account registering.

After registering my dev account, this problem disappeared.

Best regards,

Yan

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:47 AM
  • I had the same issue running vs 2012 ultimate.  I was able to get the designer running by running VS 2012 as an admnistrator.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 6:59 PM
  • I had the same issue running vs 2012 ultimate.  I was able to get the designer running by running VS 2012 as an admnistrator.

Its not true, I ran it as an administrator, Then also it is an unexcepted error!! Please help!
    Saturday, August 10, 2013 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

I did the exact same thing, i declined registering the dev account.

After registering my dev account the problem was not there anymore. (using Windows 8 PRO )

Hope this helps !

Best regards,

Alexandru Pereteanu

Friday, March 28, 2014 7:10 PM
  • When creating the project, there usually is a developer registration process. Once you complete the registration process, Microsoft will unlock your version of VS for development. Good luck.
    Tuesday, July 29, 2014 8:01 PM