Rebuild Error - In Blend RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I been getting the following errors after i created the buttons and tried to rebuild the project in Blend.
    Below are the simple steps i took :
    1. Create a new project in Blend
    2. Do my graphics
    3. Edit externally on the project ..thus opening up VS2008..say either in VB or C#
    4. Conversion Wizard Pops up ..asking me to convert to the newer version of VS...?? Can i configure it to be in VS2008?
    5. After conversion
    6. adding a button....build and run in VS2008. SAVE
    7. Goes back to blend and reloaded the csproj...but failed with build errors
                    IN C#
    • Sample1.Window does not contain a definition for 'InitializeComponent'
           IN VB
    • SubMain was not found in 'Sample1'
    • 'InitializeComponent' is not a member of Sample1.Window1
    Any idea gUys? I'm a newbie trying this out. BTW, i'm still using Blend 1.0.1083.0   (Version 1.0)..just  asking if Version 2 has this issue also? Thanks.
    • Edited by Francis1978 Tuesday, May 13, 2008 8:49 AM UPdate
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 5:41 AM

All replies

• Hi, 
       I removed Visual Studio 2008..leaving only Visual Studio 2005 running with Blend 1.0.1083. After that, all build/rebuild seems to be working fine!
       However whenever i add in an event to the buttons/icons...they still go to the clipboard instead of directly to VS2005 Standard Edition....

Francis1978 said:

Hi I been getting the following errors after i created the buttons and tried to rebuild the project in Blend.
    Below are the simple steps i took :

1. Create a new project in Blend
    2. Do my graphics
    3. Edit externally on the project ..thus opening up VS2008..say either in VB or C#
    4. Conversion Wizard Pops up ..asking me to convert to the newer version of VS...?? Can i configure it to be in VS2008?
    5. After conversion
    6. adding a button....build and run in VS2008. SAVE
    7. Goes back to blend and reloaded the csproj...but failed with build errors
                    IN C#
    • Sample1.Window does not contain a definition for 'InitializeComponent'
           IN VB
    • SubMain was not found in 'Sample1'
    • 'InitializeComponent' is not a member of Sample1.Window1
    Any idea gUys? I'm a newbie trying this out. BTW, i'm still using Blend 1.0.1083.0   (Version 1.0)..just  asking if Version 2 has this issue also? Thanks.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008 1:16 AM
  •  In Blend go to Tools > Options > Event handlers and check Visual Studio if Available. Also you can right click on the solution or project in the project panel and choose Edit in Visual Studio.
    steve
    Wednesday, May 14, 2008 7:04 AM
  • Hi ,
        I did that and its still the same. However editing externally is working fine. Thanks alot. :)
    Thursday, May 15, 2008 8:42 AM