Display the Horizontal axis values vertical as well as text wrapped in ssrs reports RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have to display the harizontal axis values in vertical allignment. Also if values length exceeds some values, it needs to wrapped.  I alligned the values in vertical but can't wrapped. Due to this chart area decreased. Chart size went smaall. getting .. values also.

• Edited by SQL MSBI Tuesday, August 4, 2015 8:51 AM
    Monday, August 3, 2015 5:36 PM

All replies

• Hi SSRS 2008 R2,

According to your description, you want to display horizontal axis labels vertically. When the length of the label beyond a specific value, the rest characters wrap to next line, right?

As we tested in our environment, when the length of horizontal axis labels beyond 5, then we make the rest characters wrap to next line. The expression for labels look like below:
    =IIF(Len(Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value)>5,Left(Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value,5) & VBCRLF & Right(Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value,Len(Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value)-5),Fields!SalesTerritoryGroup.Value)

And we disable auto-fit for horizontal axis, specify the rotation angle as 90 degrees. Please refer to screenshots below:

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 2:09 AM
  • HI It is working fine. But I need wrap if the word does not fix the area. For example, value is aaaaaaaa - bbbbccc. In this case it will wrap aaaaaa - in one line. bbbbccc in next line. means if I fix the size, it will wrap based on the length size and it is not meaningfully wrapped. For that need to check space also in this. If words are fixed in that length it should fix or it goes to new line.

What if it was a single long word alone?

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, August 4, 2015 6:44 AM
  • It should be meaningfully wrapped. In your case it is not wrapping meaningfully. Can you suggest any idea?

• Edited by SQL MSBI Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:35 AM
    Tuesday, August 4, 2015 7:35 AM
  • Hi SSRS 2008 R2,

Would you please share screenshots about expected result? So that we can try to test in our environment.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 6, 2015 12:01 PM
  • Hi ,

I require to wrap the word in meaningful way.

Currently I am getting the by disable the auto rotate and set -90 degree.

I am expecting this output

• Edited by SQL MSBI Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:54 AM
    Sunday, August 9, 2015 9:53 AM