Create multiple devices in Windows Mobile Device Center RRS feed

• Question

• I am just starting my Windows Mobile development and have a question about managing multiple devices from the Windows mobile device center. I have a PDA (HP iPAQ 211) that I am developing for but since I am still learning  the development tools, I want to also use the emulators that come with the mobile SDKs. So my question is, can I create multiple devices (connections) in Windows mobile device center? There doesn't seem to be any way to add additonal emulated devices once my real device (the iPAQ) is set up in Windows mobile device center.

Can anyone point me to documentation regarding this or provide me the steps to add multiple devices to the Windows mobile device center? Thanks.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:56 PM

Answers

• Only one device/emulator can be "connected" (or "cradled") to WMDC/ActiveSync at a time. But that doesn't prevent you from using a device and a emulator (s) at the same time as far as Visual Studio is concerned.

Let me explain it in a scenario. Suppose you've connected a WM device to WMDC. You can still start a (or even multiple) device emulator from Device Emulator Manager. You can deploy your project to the emulator, or to the device from Visual Studio. One thing you cannot do is cradling the emulator since a device has already been cradled. And because of that, the emulator won't have internet access via the desktop computer.
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community members.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, June 11, 2009 1:15 AM
    Monday, June 8, 2009 8:42 AM