none
HID digitizer Touchscreen on Compact 2013 through Hyper-V RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to setup a compact 2013 system using touch screen. Touch screen is a standard HID digitizer input devices. As I don 't have the final hardware I need to test it first through a virtual machine using Hyper-V.

After lots of tests I got two main questions about my system and Compact 2013:

1) Does Hyper-V allows USB physical connection to the virtual machine. If not how to overcome this issue?

2) Does Compact 2013 manage standard HID digitizer or it MUST have dedicated driver?

Thanks in advanced

Francois

Monday, April 27, 2015 6:07 AM

All replies

• 2) No, it's unlikely that Windows CE will have support for your digitizer input device. If you can configure it as a mouse, Windows CE has a USB mouse driver that may work.

Unless this HID device is the *ACTUAL* device to be used on the final hardware, pick something usable for user interface experimentation (an ordinary USB mouse, for example). Test what you can with that while waiting for the actual hardware. Your effort to get CE working with the digitizer will be wasted (and significant) otherwise.

If this digitizer *IS* the actual interface device, see if you can, as noted, force mouse-like behavior. If mouse-like behavior won't work for you, plan to write a USB driver for your device.

Paul T.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:01 PM