How to deploy XSLT Webpart to production server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Using Sharepoint Designer 2007 i created a Sitepage containing 5 Dataview webparts associated to one list . Now i want to deploy the site page and Dataview webparts to Production server.

Any information about how to resolve will be greatly appreciated.

Shyam Dorai

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, July 5, 2011 2:03 PM spd q (From:SharePoint - Development and Programming (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 12:11 PM

All replies

• The only way to deploy your site page and data-view web part is to take a back-up of the existing site and restore it in production. I don't think you can deploy the dataview webpart through WSP's
    Sundar Narasiman
    Tuesday, July 5, 2011 1:51 PM
  • Hello Sundar,

Thanks for your reply. This is my client requirement they wont allow me to back-up & restore entire site. so i need to deploy with out disturbing the existing content. Please let me know the possible ways of solving the issue, if its not possible plz let me know why?

Please help me its very urgent.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 4:50 AM
  • Since you are not allowed to backup and restore the site, please let us know what sort of permission you have to the production environment. If you have design permission, you could apply those changes using SharePoint Designer.

Refer to the following post for more information

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepointcustomization/thread/af1b53d4-bef1-4770-9c47-e4f63deb6cfb

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/3133/deploy-a-data-view-web-part-to-any-sharepoint-site

--Cheers
    Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:08 AM
  • Hi prasanth,

Production server Contents:  Sitepage Containing 5 webparts

Staging server Contents:  updated Sitepage containing 6 webparts including javascript

Now i want to update the existing sitepage and 5 webparts, add new webpart, javascript to existing Sitepage.

How to make it as a single package and deploy to production server.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011 6:42 AM
  • i am also facing similar problem, did you get any answer. only Dev sites can be accessed using SPD, stage production can not be.

with SPD whole functionality is achieved without single line of code. Now want to know how to deploy that single page and assosicated List.  I am using SharePoint 2007 and SPD 2007.

Thanks

Friday, December 9, 2011 1:34 PM
  • Hi SharePoint Designer is a great tool to build no code solutions, but you cannot create packets like WSP with SPD. You can export an DVWP to the filesystem and import this in another environment, but you have to clean it up first and replace GUIDs to the list in your dev environment with the list name and some more steps, but you got to set up a the list or import this as well in the production environment. If you want to create a singel package with different kind of files you should use Visual Studio to create a modul for this where you can add stuff like web parts and other files.

/C

Blog: chrisstahl.wordpress.com Twitter: @Cstahl
    Monday, December 12, 2011 9:47 PM