none
visual basic for application setup RRS feed

• Question

• when I installed office 2010, the word VBA development screen,using the  "visual basic for application" shows the "immediate window" and the "watch window" VERY WELL docked to the low bar of the mentioned "visual basic for application window" main window.

After many hide and show operations, the small windows does not dock any more, nor matter were I click  ON or OFF on the TOOLS-->OPTIONS--> DOCKING tab.

I am sure there is a RESET WINDOWS configuration somewere, but I feel very stupid, can not find it.

any hint pls

thanks in advance

juan

• Moved by Youen Zen Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:50 AM Not VB issue (From:Visual Basic IDE)
    Monday, April 30, 2012 4:14 PM

All replies

• Once you enable docking, try to drag and drop the window to the bottom so it will get docked.

A.m.a.L Hashim
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
    My Blog - Dot Net Goodies

Monday, April 30, 2012 4:23 PM
  • Hi Hashim

thanks a lot, but on my case is not solving the issue.

I tried with the " watch window"

It just seat were I drop it, anywhere on the screen, having the  "visual basic for application"  occupying the full screen.  

hope we can find other way.

thanks again

juan

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 1:03 AM
  • Hi Juan,

This is a VBA issue, in order to give you a better support , I will move it  to “Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)” forum.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:50 AM
  • Hashim

Hi

I tried again and found following

If I try to dock the (WATCH windows, for example) to the bottom, no luck.

But if I do it at the top, its docks perfectly.

now, the problem is how to swap the code window with the watch one, so I can have the code window at top, and the watch window at the bottom.

very estrange behavior, I think

thanks very much

juan

Thursday, May 3, 2012 3:02 PM
  • does not work.

when the watch window docks at the top, the main window re-sizes ( which is correct ), so I have two independent joining windows ( code + watch )

Now if I drop the top WATCH  docked window to the bottom , the code window grows to full screen, an the watch window seats over the code, hiding part of it..    This because the docking at the bottom does not re-size the code window, just stay behind.

very estrange

juan

Thursday, May 3, 2012 4:28 PM