none
Images in RTF documents do not have INCLUDEPICTURE tag RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We need to convert DOC/DOCX documents to .RTF format because we want to upload it in a system (Client provided application) which only displays RTF files.

The system only recognizes linked images in RTF document and searches for INCLUDEPICTURE tag. When the Text Wrapping for image in document is "In line with text" the Image inside RTF is prefixed with INCLUDEPICTURE tag and displays correctly.

When text wrapping is changed to Tight/Behind the text/In front of text, the image does not display in system because INCLUDEPICTURE tag gets missing from the RTF and the file path of the image is wrapped within shp{} tags.

Please let me know if there a ways we can keep the text wrapping as "Tight/Behind/Front of text" and still get INCLUDEPICTURE tag in the document saved as RTF from MSWORD.

Regards,

Nikhil Chaudhari

Thursday, August 20, 2015 3:09 PM

Answers

• Hi Nikhil

<<Please let me know if there a ways we can keep the text wrapping as "Tight/Behind/Front of text" and still get INCLUDEPICTURE tag in the document saved as RTF from MSWORD.>>

No, you cannot. IncludePicture only works with members of the InlineShapes collection. That means, pictures that have no text wrap formatting. As soon a text wrap formatting exists, a picture becomes a member of the Shapes collection. InlineShapes "live" in the same document "layer" as text; Shapes occupy a different layer, which is what allows the textwrap to function. IncludePicture cannot function in this non-text layer.

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:34 PM