Visual studio comunity and MVC 5 RRS feed

• Question

• User188356901 posted

Hi when i want to create project with asp.net mvc5 the VS shows me small icon with MVC + small number 4  up to right corner this is the same mvc as mvc5?? but when i create project in views i get error " the name ViewBag does not exist in the current context"  my VS i updated.

What is wring.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 3:55 PM

Answers

• User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I have an error in Views "The name "VieBag" Dosnt exist in the current context".  But when i click debud it works, no errors. In new project ASP.NET 5 No -errors ( there is MVC 6 i think?).

According to your description above, it seems that this issue is project specific, so it's recommended to create new project.

Regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:40 AM

All replies

• User2024324573 posted

Could you please share the screen shot?

If you mean the following template, yes that is for MVC 5

I don't see any issue with creating the MVC 5 project in VS 2015 Community RTM.

Wednesday, October 7, 2015 4:09 PM
  • User188356901 posted

yes mean that but, thanks  i have an error any way.

CS0234 C# The type or namespace name '' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.AspNet' #are you missing an assembly reference?#

Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:22 AM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

CS0234 C# The type or namespace name '' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft.AspNet' #are you missing an assembly reference?#

If this issue occurs when you create a MVC application, I'd like to suggest you to repair your Visual Studio first.

To repair Visual Studio

1.In Control Panel, on the Programs and Features page, choose the product edition that you want to repair, and then choose Uninstall/Change.

2.In the Setup wizard, choose Repair, choose Next, and then follow the remaining instructions.

And restart your VS, even local machine, and check whether it has same issue.

With regards,

Angie

Friday, October 9, 2015 2:28 AM
  • User188356901 posted

I have been trying everything byt nothing.  I have an error in Views "The name "VieBag" Dosnt exist in the current context".  But when i click debud it works, no errors. In new project ASP.NET 5 No -errors ( there is MVC 6 i think?).

In VS 2013 NVC 5 works good no errors.

Sunday, October 11, 2015 2:43 PM
  • User-166373564 posted

Hi,

I have an error in Views "The name "VieBag" Dosnt exist in the current context".  But when i click debud it works, no errors. In new project ASP.NET 5 No -errors ( there is MVC 6 i think?).

According to your description above, it seems that this issue is project specific, so it's recommended to create new project.

Regards,

Angie

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 4:40 AM