Xamarin C# Take picture without open Camera RRS feed

• Question

• User383911 posted

I have a QrCodeCode with used the libary "Zxing". Now i want to Take a picture of the complete screen inside the QrCodeScanner. The Problem is i dont want to open the Camera. I want to create a Button that just takes a picture.

I Tried to use the Media.Plugin but this one leav's my App and that is not my goal.

Friday, March 29, 2019 12:15 PM

All replies

• User180523 posted

Not going to happen. The OS manufacturers recognize the privacy issues in taking pictures without the camera being open - everything from perverts shooting up skirts on the bus to photographing kids in bathrooms. So they don't allow it at an OS level.

And don't come back whining "But I want it" or "the boss says so" - because I'll repeat

The OS makers disable it at an OS level for user privacy. Accept it.

Friday, March 29, 2019 4:41 PM
  • User383911 posted

@ClintStLaurent said: Not going to happen. The OS manufacturers recognize the privacy issues in taking pictures without the camera being open - everything from perverts shooting up skirts on the bus to photographing kids in bathrooms. So they don't allow it at an OS level.

And don't come back whining "But I want it" or "the boss says so" - because I'll repeat

The OS makers disable it at an OS level for user privacy. Accept it.

Can u be serious and dont act like a kid ? Better tell me a another solution that provides me to Scan QrCode + Take Picture in one Libery.

Friday, March 29, 2019 4:45 PM
  • User350 posted

That's possible but you have to have the camera app open or a camera screen visible in your app.

Friday, March 29, 2019 5:18 PM
  • User180523 posted

@Hubii said: Can u be serious and dont act like a kid ?

Look - adult - There's several threads for the same question with the same answer. So if you can't be bothered with doing a search and are just too lazy to do any research you'll get the response someone feels like typing... over and over and over every time one of you noobies ask the same thing.

Better tell me a another solution that provides me to Scan QrCode + Take Picture in one Libery.

I had better tell you - Who do you think you are telling a volunteer on this site that they better tell you another solution?

Especially when I just said... "Don't come back whining that you want it anyway"

Do you see now why I said that? Because even after saying it you people still do the same the same. Clearly I had a reason for saying because y'all do all the time.

Friday, March 29, 2019 5:53 PM
  • User383911 posted

so your telling me a qrcodescanner that is written by a big compain cant scan a qrcode and take a picture ? than your wrong. There is a workaround i just need to find it, if you dont have a solution better dont answer it. actually i have a screen visible by zxing qrcodescanner. all what i want to do is to capture this screen as image :)

Friday, March 29, 2019 11:34 PM
  • User350 posted

So you want to scan a QR code in your app, with the scanning window being inside your app, without being taken to a separate scanning app? Yes this is possible.

Saturday, March 30, 2019 7:18 AM
  • User383911 posted

Sure the Scan operating is working. But i want to implement a TakeImage button that takes a picture from the Complete Scanarea.

Saturday, March 30, 2019 8:04 AM
  • User142315 posted

How about this link? https://xamarinhelp.com/taking-a-screenshot-in-xamarin-forms/

Take a screenshot while the camera is viewing the QR code.

This will capture the whole window, but I guess you could edit the final image to crop out the part you don't want.

Saturday, March 30, 2019 10:59 AM
  • User383911 posted

@RHudson said: How about this link? https://xamarinhelp.com/taking-a-screenshot-in-xamarin-forms/

Take a screenshot while the camera is viewing the QR code.

This will capture the whole window, but I guess you could edit the final image to crop out the part you don't want.

This one doesnt work for me. It just Capture a blanc screen and not the Camera Preview from my xzing libery.

Monday, April 1, 2019 6:59 AM