none
Excel Style Chart RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I want to create a  particular Excel style chart using RDLC. In this chart, the data is embedded in the botttom portion of
    the bar chart. The example that I am talking about is in the website. If you scroll down little bit, the first black and white graph below the colored and falshy one.
    http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/11/06/ten-chart-design-principles-guest-post/
    I tried to use the matrix and fit my graph inside the matrix, but I could not attach the data table in the
    X-axis of the graph.

Any help would be appreciated.

-Thanks,

-Brajesh
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 8:29 PM

All replies

•  You may be able to emulate the described chart by creating a matrix with a column for each data point, and putting a graph with one bar (just the data for that coumn) in the top row with the data numbers in a second row. You would not be able to have the line graph, but you could use multiple columns to show multiple series.
    Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Saturday, November 8, 2008 4:45 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your response!
    But, this would mean, if there is a new data valur, then someone has to go and modify the .RDLC file and I don't want to do that.
    I am surprised that this function is not there, which is so common in Excel. Do you think, I can do it using Microsoft Performance
    Point Server, as it uses Offfice 2007.

-Thanks,

-Brajesh
    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:32 PM
  • The matrix would expand with new data values. If you want to add a series, then yes you'd need to change the RDLC. I'm not familiar at all with Performance Point Server, sorry.
    Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 10:37 PM