html client localization for simplified Chinese RRS feed

• Question

• I am following this work through to localize my app for html client. It worked any other language except for simplified Chinese. I have tried  client.lang-zh-CN.resjson, client.lang-zh-CHS.resjson and client.lang-zh-Hans.resjson. Sivlerlight client is picking up the resources, but not html client. Any ideas?

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/xx130603.aspx

jl

• Edited by Joe Lee Sunday, March 6, 2016 3:01 AM
    Sunday, March 6, 2016 3:01 AM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

Chinese locale id: zh-CN

I followed the steps in the hyperlink above, it seems that we can use Chinese simplified language in LightSwitch application.

Here are some suggestions:

1. To localize lightswitch application to Chinese, replace Client.de-DE.resx with Client.zh-CN.resx, and replace the German word with Chinese word;

2. Check whether any error message occurs, and modify according to the error message.

Please provide more information if you have same issue.

Regards,

Angie  

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:47 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 9:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to this document, you can know the Chinese simplified locale id, see: Language and Locale IDs

As the article mentioned, in any HTML client for a LightSwitch application, you must always name the default file for language resources client.lang-LocaleID.resjson, where LocaleID is the Windows Locale ID for the language on your development computer. Unlike the Silverlight client, the HTML client doesn't have the concept of a default language.

More hints: Localizing a LightSwitch Application (Heinrich Wendel)

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

• Edited by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:06 AM
    Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:00 AM
  • Hi Angie

Thanks for the reply. Can you be specific with the feedback about what's wrong with my resources files names (client.lang-zh-CN.resjson, client.lang-zh-CHS.resjson and client.lang-zh-Hans.resjson) on html client project. My project only works to take value from client.lang-en-US.resjson no mater how I can change the default language on windows 10 pc. It also works on client.lang-de-DE.resjson and client.lang-es.resjson, but not Chinese.

Thanks

Regards

jl

Tuesday, March 8, 2016 6:19 AM
  • Hi Joe,

Chinese locale id: zh-CN

I followed the steps in the hyperlink above, it seems that we can use Chinese simplified language in LightSwitch application.

Here are some suggestions:

1. To localize lightswitch application to Chinese, replace Client.de-DE.resx with Client.zh-CN.resx, and replace the German word with Chinese word;

2. Check whether any error message occurs, and modify according to the error message.

Please provide more information if you have same issue.

Regards,

Angie  

• Proposed as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Tuesday, March 15, 2016 1:47 AM
    Friday, March 11, 2016 9:30 AM