what is vstest.executionengine.appcontainer.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I developed a windows 8 app using VS 2012. I built it the release version of app package. When I'm verifying it using "Windows App Certification Kit". It got a lot error for:

◦API System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel in SYSTEM, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=B77A5C561934E089 is not supported for this application type. vstest.executionengine.appcontainer.exe calls this API.
    ◦API System.Diagnostics.TraceLevel in SYSTEM, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=B77A5C561934E089 is not supported for this application type. vstest.executionengine.appcontainer.exe calls this API.
    ◦API System.IO.FileInfo in MSCORLIB, PUBLICKEYTOKEN=B77A5C561934E089 is not supported for this application type. vstest.executionengine.appcontainer.exe calls this API.

I have no idea what vstest.executionengine.appcontainer.exe. And it also caused performance launch failed. What's that? And how can I remove them from my package? Thanks so much!

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 11:03 AM

Answers

• They are not in Store applications by default, so I can't really say how they got there.  My suggestion is that you copy the project (so you have a working copy), remove the references, then figure out where in the project that those references are being used, and remove those as well.  I have literally no experience with testing projects so I can't really say what it might look like.  You might try posting in the VS testing forum for better answers.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:55 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 1:32 PM

All replies

• Do you have a testing project in your solution?

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:45 PM
  • I didn't do that. It seems VS or Windows SDK did that. I found my project has references "Microsoft Visual Studio Test Core" and "MSTest for managed Projects". Why they are added and how can I remove them? Simply deleting them will crash the app.. Why?
    Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:57 AM
  • They are not in Store applications by default, so I can't really say how they got there.  My suggestion is that you copy the project (so you have a working copy), remove the references, then figure out where in the project that those references are being used, and remove those as well.  I have literally no experience with testing projects so I can't really say what it might look like.  You might try posting in the VS testing forum for better answers.

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, January 22, 2014 1:55 AM
    Friday, January 17, 2014 1:32 PM