none
Filtering AutoComplete Field in Web App List View RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone -

Having a difficult time with what I think is an easy challenge for someone else.

Using Access 2016 & Sites/Sharepoint Web App in the List view. I currently have a table called 'Contacts' that has a 'type' classification for each record (Personal, Buyer, Seller, etc.). As these 'Contacts' get entered the user sets/defines their 'type'.

On another table I have 'Orders'. In the 'Orders' List view I have several AutoComplete fields that are to be used to define each 'Contact' related to the order by 'type' by way of typing in the 'Contact's name.

Something like this:
    Order Buyer [CONTACT NAME]
    Order Seller [CONTACT NAME]
    etc.

Question is, how can I filter the AutoComplete field to only allow for display of a particular 'type' of 'Contact' to limit the selections for each field to that 'type'?

Thanks again, hope to hear from someone soon!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:10 PM

Answers

• Hi JCall,

>> What does the query look like that you would use?

It will depend on which value you want to show for AutoComplete controls. For example, if you want to set Order Buyer lists for one AutoComplete control, create a query something like

Select * From Orders Where Type=” Buyer”

And then set the Row Source with this query. You could create different query for different AutoComplete.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:11 AM

All replies

• Hi JCall,

I think we could not filter the AutoComplete field directly. Do you want to change the records for the same AutoComplete or different AutoComplete controls. If you use different AutoComplete controls for different Order, I suggest you create independent query for different AutoComplete controls. If they are the same, I would suggest you use ComboBox by setting Parent Control property.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:53 AM
  • Hi Edward -

I'm using different AutoComplete controls/fields in the list view. What does the query look like that you would use?

Thank you again, appreciate your time!
    -J

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi JCall,

>> What does the query look like that you would use?

It will depend on which value you want to show for AutoComplete controls. For example, if you want to set Order Buyer lists for one AutoComplete control, create a query something like

Select * From Orders Where Type=” Buyer”

And then set the Row Source with this query. You could create different query for different AutoComplete.

Best Regards,

Edward

Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:11 AM