none
Has the isolated storage issue been addressed in 2.5? RRS feed

• Question

• In the 2.0 version the use of isolated storage causes deadlocks when used in a multithreaded environment such as a web site.  Isolated storage issue

Has this been fixed in version 2.5?

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I will involve some experts into your thread to see whether they can solve your issue. There might be some time delay, appreciate for your patience.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, January 10, 2013 2:37 AM
  • Hello,

I assume the 2.0 and 2.5 are referring to versions of the Open XML SDK.  If that is not correct, let me know.

For this issue the version of the Open XML SDK is not as important as the version of the .NET Framework and System.IO Namespaces.  The Open XML SDK is built on top of the System.IO.Packaging API and is used to simplify the task of manipulating Open XML packages.  The bug reported in the KB article 951731 (mention above as "Isolated storage issue") is filed against the System.IO.IsolatedStorage Namespace. 

This behavior has not changed for the latest (4.5 at this time) version of the .NET Framework. 

The IsolatedStorageFile Class (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.isolatedstorage.isolatedstoragefile.aspx) documentation notes:   Any instance members are not guaranteed to be thread safe.
    I suspect if there is any future changes to the Thread Safety of the IsolatedStorageFile Class, it will be noted in the IsolatedStorageFile Class documentation.

Thank you,
    Matt B.
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Thank you, Matt B. Microsoft Online Community Support

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 11:50 PM