Just want to use a signature pad from my C# app - do i need tablet sdk ? RRS feed

• Question

• I want to capture signatures and other handwritting as images and do this from a signature pad while using my C# application.  Do I need the tablet sdk ? 
    Friday, September 8, 2006 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi BitShift,

You need the Microsoft.Ink.dll assembly (and its dependent components) to accomplish this. Those ship in the Tablet PC SDK, as well as in Windows XP Tablet Edition and in Windows Vista. The components are also redistributable to any computer running Windows 2000 or higher. The redistrubutable modules are included in the Tablet PC SDK.

In order to develop your application you should install the Tablet PC SDK. If you want to deploy it to a computer that does not run Windows Vista or Windows XP Tablet Edition, you'd need to deploy the required redistributable components with your application.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Thanks, Stefan

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi BitShift,

You need the Microsoft.Ink.dll assembly (and its dependent components) to accomplish this. Those ship in the Tablet PC SDK, as well as in Windows XP Tablet Edition and in Windows Vista. The components are also redistributable to any computer running Windows 2000 or higher. The redistrubutable modules are included in the Tablet PC SDK.

In order to develop your application you should install the Tablet PC SDK. If you want to deploy it to a computer that does not run Windows Vista or Windows XP Tablet Edition, you'd need to deploy the required redistributable components with your application.

Let me know if you have more questions about this.

Thanks, Stefan

Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:59 AM
  • Hi Stefan

A bit of a late addittion to this post. However i am trying to do the same thing. I have included the erge modules into the installer from SDK 1.7. However when installed on the Vanilla Windows XP machine it doesnt draw on the page. I read on the MS site inregards to redistrubting the sdk you must

"Note: You must add SelfRegModules Action and SelfUnregModules Action actions to the installation sequence. The MsiPublishAssemblies Action and MsiUnpublishAssemblies Action actions receive their order in the installation sequence from these actions. "

If so how on earth is this done.

Bitshift did you ever get this to work.

Cheers

Dom.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:50 PM
  • Hi Dom,

the references to 'SelfRegModules' might be a red herring. My guess is that the problem is elsewhere.

Are you using an InkPicture control in your app?

Thanks,

Stefan Wick

Tuesday, June 12, 2007 9:22 PM