none
'object reference not set to an instance of an object' Error observed only when i publish to IIS? I can run in my codebase successfully? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a functionality that on click of context menu we have option 'Export to PDF' and it will download to my local machine.

This functionality will work fine when i run through code base. If i publish the same code and run in IIS i will  get alert message as 'object reference not set to an instance of an object'.

Please let me know any changes required w.r.t IIS7

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Rakesh B

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:34 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please make sure you have installed ASP.NET version that is associated with the version of the ASP.NET IIS Registration tool that you are using, if not, use aspnet_regiis -i command to install, go to Visual Studio Command Prompt and input "aspnet_regiis -i".

#ASP.NET IIS Registration Tool (Aspnet_regiis.exe) 

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k6h9cz8h(v=vs.80).aspx

From your description, your issue seems out of this forum range, if the issue still exists, I would suggest you post the issue in a more appropriate forum(e.g IIS forum) to get better support. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards.

Haixia
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:30 AM