locked
Lightswitch 2012 open existing Project (load failed) RRS feed

  • Question

  • After adding some columns to several tables in SQL Server, I tried to open my LightSwitch project and got a "load failed" condition.  VS shows only the .lsproj XML.  "MSBuildVersion" is flagged as an invalid attribute.  So is "CopyBuildOutputToOutputDirectory".  Had openned and closed the project several times that day with no issue.  Not quit sure how to proceed.  Other Lightswitch projects seem unaffected.  Project was created and maintained in Lightswitch 2012.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 3:34 PM

Answers

  • Hi Bill

    Here is a tip that might help:

    • Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 

    according to your description above, I can hardly give precise troubleshooting , but it seems that the data isn't updated in SQl Server after you edited it, perhaps Yann's reply can give tips for you to deal with this issue,

    # The schema update is terminating because data loss might occur

    At the same time this will be also available for you to deal with relevant issues,

    #The data you are editing has been updated by another transaction

    If it still has same issue, you could consider providing enough information for us to reproduce,

    Regards


    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 2, 2013 1:21 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:36 AM

All replies

  • Hi Bill

    Here is a tip that might help:

    • Clean and Rebuild - Cleaning and rebuilding your current Project (Right-click > Clean, Right-click Rebuild respective) and see if that makes any difference at all. 

    according to your description above, I can hardly give precise troubleshooting , but it seems that the data isn't updated in SQl Server after you edited it, perhaps Yann's reply can give tips for you to deal with this issue,

    # The schema update is terminating because data loss might occur

    At the same time this will be also available for you to deal with relevant issues,

    #The data you are editing has been updated by another transaction

    If it still has same issue, you could consider providing enough information for us to reproduce,

    Regards


    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

    • Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, September 2, 2013 1:21 AM
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:36 AM
  • Thanks for your response Angie.  I decided to make more changes to the database in SQL Server and then start over.

      Bill J

    Thursday, August 29, 2013 10:11 PM