missing h1 tag RRS feed

• Question

• User2027189257 posted
    When crawling a few of my sites I notice the toolkit keeps grabbing the url's of images on my sites and spitting out an error that states that they do not contain a H1 tag? So basically it seems to be seeing my images as pages and retuning markup errors. I generally just ignore it but it is slightly annoying when i'm trying to find and fix valid errors. Am I missing something or is there something I can do to solve this?
    Wednesday, April 28, 2010 6:12 AM

All replies

• User-1853252149 posted

How are the images specified in the rendered HTML?  A missing H1 tag is a valid error for a page, but it shouldn't treat your image as a separate page.

Jeff

Thursday, April 29, 2010 1:10 PM
  • User-47214744 posted

My guess is that the "images" that the SEO Toolkit is reporting with such a problem is because they are broken links and most likely are returning a NOT Found HTML page that does not include the H1. The fix is to either remove the links to the images and/or add the "not-found" page to your robots.txt so that crawlers do not download and analyze its content.

Monday, May 3, 2010 12:16 AM
  • User-1672167363 posted

Hi,

Web Sites XHTML strict: common CSS and Style Sheets the starting point for making Web Sites.

Seo uses HTML 4.01 and long with XHTML standards and use of proper CSS and Style Sheets

to validate the Web Pages.  To create Web Sites that are XHTML Strict using CSS DIVS and Style Sheets

does not require hiring a Web Designer or fancy Tools.

You only need to follow some simple rules and guide lines for Design and implementation

of New or Updating Web Sites.

One of the Better Resources to start with is Zen Gardens http://www.csszengarden.com/

they offer the Guides and basics including download of what is used at the Zen Gardens web site.

Additional features for Zen Gardens is they offer instructions for 508 accessiblity and CSS proper use. 

SEO violations and content problems found on your Web site. Note: the " missing h1 tag".

SEO violations: Summary.

Report Summary

For more information :  http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/791/getting-started-with-the-seo-toolkit/ .

Regards

Martin

Friday, September 2, 2011 6:43 AM
  • User2044130619 posted

Thanks CalosAg.....

Wednesday, November 23, 2011 1:44 AM