none
WcfSendPort _OracleDBBinding_Custom Question RRS feed

• Question

• BizTalk 2009 - BT Adapter Pack 2.0

I am trying to insert some records into an Oracle table with 1 column.  In VS I have completed the "Add Generated Items --> Consume Adapter Service etc to create the xsd and bindinginfo.xml  files.  I have deployed my app and have imported the bindings of the Oracle send port.  In the BT Admin console the send port shows the WcfSendPort_OracleDBBinding_XERDBM ...   entry.  When I try to bind this send port to my orchestration it is not available as an option.  I thought it was to be available as a selected item.  How can I bind this to my orchestration.  Did I miss a step somewhere?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Friday, August 6, 2010 11:32 PM

Answers

• This typically happens if you use a 1-way port in your orchestration. The Consume Adapter Service creates 2-way port bindings. I would modify your orchestration to use a 2-way port instead.

Another possibility could be if you imported the binding file into a different BizTalk application than where your orchestration exists. It is possible to reference the other BizTalk application but it would be better to delete the imported port and import into the same BizTalk application.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Colorado Mike Sunday, August 8, 2010 12:41 AM
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:45 PM

All replies

• This typically happens if you use a 1-way port in your orchestration. The Consume Adapter Service creates 2-way port bindings. I would modify your orchestration to use a 2-way port instead.

Another possibility could be if you imported the binding file into a different BizTalk application than where your orchestration exists. It is possible to reference the other BizTalk application but it would be better to delete the imported port and import into the same BizTalk application.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by Colorado Mike Sunday, August 8, 2010 12:41 AM
    Saturday, August 7, 2010 6:45 PM
  • I did use a 1-way port - I will try it with a 2-way and post my results    Thank you
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 12:04 AM
  • Thank you Ben - that was it.  Still not inserting records though - maybe ...

<BtsActionMapping xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
      <Operation Name="Operation_1" Action="http://Microsoft.LobServices.OracleDB/2007/03/XERDBM/Table/TEST_DATA/Insert" />
    </BtsActionMapping>

My operation is "Operation_1' and I guess the "Insert" on the Action URL a reserved word?    

Sunday, August 8, 2010 12:50 AM
  • Works now - I was getting an error regarding my receive location - no subscriber found ... 

I took a look at it and forgot to designate my pipeline.  Works great, thanks for your help.  This forum rocks!

Sunday, August 8, 2010 1:04 AM