none
TPF Silverlight and WP7 applications RRS feed

• Question

• I've searched the forum and the web, and I'm surprised because nobody has asked or answered this question: When will it be possible to test TPF in Silverlight and WP7 applications?
    Friday, June 3, 2011 4:07 PM

Answers

• Hi SERware-

We currently only have TPL Dataflow available for the full Framework, and we don't currently have any plans to announce for SL or WP availability, though if there's enough interest, I wouldn't rule that out for the future.  What are you looking to build with TPL Dataflow on the phone?

If you're looking for TPL in general (e.g. tasks), we do plan to have it available for Silverlight and the Phone.  For now, you can download the Async CTP from http://msdn.com/async, which has a preview of such a library in the AsyncCtpLibrary.dll.

Best,

Stephen

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:25 PM

All replies

• Hi SERware-

We currently only have TPL Dataflow available for the full Framework, and we don't currently have any plans to announce for SL or WP availability, though if there's enough interest, I wouldn't rule that out for the future.  What are you looking to build with TPL Dataflow on the phone?

If you're looking for TPL in general (e.g. tasks), we do plan to have it available for Silverlight and the Phone.  For now, you can download the Async CTP from http://msdn.com/async, which has a preview of such a library in the AsyncCtpLibrary.dll.

Best,

Stephen

Tuesday, July 5, 2011 4:25 PM
  • Hi Stephen,

I am currently moving a small HTTP server programmed in C# and using the Robotics CCR library, to a mix of TPL Dataflow and Async CTP (for trial purpose only).
    After that, I want to move an intellectual game to guess words from a Windows Forms Application to a WP application (the game is only available on spanish language over a special chat sytem).
    TPL Dataflow is not necessary for performance reasons on Windows Phone clients. What I want is to use the same type of Dataflow programming paradigm in the three enviroments: Full Frameword, Silverlight and WP.

Thanks

• Edited by SERware Friday, July 8, 2011 5:26 PM reformat
    Friday, July 8, 2011 2:01 PM
  • +1 for Silverlight.

Could be very handy for chaining together service calls.

Tuesday, August 2, 2011 9:40 AM
  • It would be great to be able to employ TPL Dataflow in Silverlight. +1 from me too.
    Tuesday, August 16, 2011 8:56 AM