none
Windows 8 Developers Tablet RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am a game developer and i create games for the Windows platform. I have created a couple of 3D high quality games that are being vigorously tested and soon to be released on the Windows 7 Phones. Now i have been looking around at the Windows 8 Platform coming soon and i have found that you have given out Windows 8 Developers tablets for developers. I have been looking around and have found out that there was a Build conference which i sadly i could not attend and to be fair i could not attend as there were no places left. Now this has annoyed me because i would love to get my games available on the Windows 8 platform. Getting an early advantage to try, test and update any issues before full release. Now i have been told only people who went to the conference was allowed a tablet.... This i feel is unfair due to the fact i cannot develop games for the Windows 8 Tablet Platform. So my question to you as team is how can i go about getting a tablet for my developing. These games will be add free so i am going to make no money on this as i like to do this as a hobby in spare time. I currently have a flight simulator called Advanced Flight, an FPS game called BulletFest and a car game called Ultimate Adrenaline ready to be released and i would love these to be on Windows 8 Tablet as well. The games i have ready to release are really going to take advantage of the system specs in the development tablet and i think that they will help show off the tablets capabilities in terms of gaming.  

Thank You for taking time to read this and if you can send me a tablet i will be very grateful and will release the games as soon as possible.  Please let me know so i can get on with all the necessary work ready to start the Windows 8 rework of my games.

Again Many Thanks

Ryan Sturgess (HD Game Development) 

Monday, June 18, 2012 9:38 PM

All replies

• For less than the cost of the conference you can buy the hardware which is similar to that given out to conference attendees: http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/tablet-pcs/XE700T1A-A03US

The slates given out were prototype development units and carried no retail warranty. Any extras have long since been used for early failure repairs. Unfortunately, we cannot offer these units to anyone who demands them.

Additionally, we recently announced the Microsoft Surface. You can read more about this here: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en/us/default.aspx

We haven't announced any release dates that I'm aware of, but I'm sure when we do it will be updated at that site :).

Monday, June 25, 2012 5:26 PM
  • We are a medical supplier company transitioning from windows CE (we have about 3000 units in the field ).

I am tasked with evaluating new tablets (looking at Ipad, Androiod) but prefer to develop on Microsoft technology as this isn't game or consumer product.

Currently looking at Motoroloa, Motion Computing solutions for replacement.

Who do I have to contact to get ahold of a Surface Tablet?

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:30 AM