WPF, quad-core processors, multiple monitors. RRS feed

• Question

• Recently I've been working with WPF a lot and done some experiments with CPU&GPU speed, when using UI intensive testprograms. I've been doing this with a quad-core processor and a mediocre videocard.

During these tests only 40% of my CPU was used divided over 2 cores and 15-25% GPU. However my UI was still stuttering like mad.

Can anyone explain why this is happening? Is WPF optimized for quad-core processors or is it a general flaw in my test programs?

Also I've been running tests with dual screens and found that testprograms were running smoothly on a single screen without any activity on my second screen and were stuttering when something graphical was showing on my second screen.

Can anyone explain this as well?

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:48 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In my view, this question seems too difficult for forum users. To understand why this issue happens, we have to run performance monitor to get more details into this. CPU and GPU are not only the factors can impact performance. I will suggest you contact http://support.microsoft.com  which is more suitable for your question.

Thanks for your understanding!

Have a nice time!

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Yang,Chenfei Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:59 AM
    Thursday, December 12, 2013 5:46 AM