none
VSTO Customizations not working when opening document from sharepoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have published VSTO XLTM file to network location. This document has some customizations on startup and on other cell change events. I copy the published .XLTM file to desktop, open it, make some changes and save as .xlsm. I upload this .xlsm document to sharepoint. I add the sharepoint as trusted location. When I open the document from sharepoint, the customizations are not running.

I have one observation, the document .xlsm file on my desktop has _AssemblyLocation/Name in document properties. But, the same document when I open from share point, these properties are not there

• Edited by Haritha K Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:29 AM
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 6:27 AM

Answers

• Haritha,

I got successful while following the above scenario, what I did:

1. Create a Workbook template with macro, XLTM
    2. Create Excel 2010 Workbook template based on above macro enabled template;
    3. Run the solution, verify it loads correctly;
    4. **Publish the solution to network path, \\server...\pubish
    5. **Copy publish solution to desktop;
    6. Create workbook based on the template;
    7. Open Sharepoint document library, go to Library Tools -> "Connect and Export" group, Open with Explorer. The current library folder open: "http://vmforrest***/sites/DefaultCollection/Contoso/Shared Documents"
    8. Copy workbook along with all files and folders from publish folder to above Sharepoint document library;
    9. Add the above http location to Excel Trusted Location
    10. Run the solution by openning xlsm file,
    11. Dialog confirmation, Install or Not Install, select Install, the VSTO solution runs.

I suppose the purpose is to run VSTO solution from Sharepoint library.

Please let me know if there's anything unclear, I'll try my best to assist.

Forrest Guo | MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:13 PM

All replies