none
Setup Azure AD and Azure AD Connect RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to setup Azure Active Directory in a lab with a trial account as apparently it is possible to do this. I have created an Azure AD account and have download the Azure AD connect client. When running through the installer I am asked to enter my username and password. The issue I have is that my account is not in the correct format username@domain.onmicrosoft.com. Could anyone please tell me how I find out, or setup the correct account in order to complete the setup pf Azure AD Connect.

Thanks

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:00 AM

All replies

• There will be two times user credentials asked during Azure AD Connect installation. First time Global Administrator credentials are required to connect to Azure AD tenant. Then Enterprise Admin credentials required to connect to on-premise AD. Refer: Azure AD Connect Installation which describes all the steps you will go through while installation of Azure AD Connect.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by Ajay Kadam Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:23 AM
    • Edited by Ajay Kadam Wednesday, April 25, 2018 2:35 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 8:23 AM
  • Hey Beefstew123,

Checking in to see if the above response helped to answer your question. Let me know if there are still any additional issues I can help with.

Thursday, April 26, 2018 10:57 AM