Upgrading VS 2010 to VS 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• My company has dozens of SSIS projects set up in VS 2010. They need to upgrade to VS 2013 (they have licenses for that version). Is there some utility or method that will allow for upgrading dozens of projects to VS 2013? When I try to open a VS 2010 project in VS 2013 I get this pop-up screen.

• Moved by Oscar_Wu Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:17 AM related to SSIS
    Monday, January 16, 2017 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi friend,

As this forum is about Visual Studio IDE, and your issue is more related to  SQL Server Integration Service. I will move this thread to corresponding forum for a professional answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Fletcher 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 3:08 AM
  • Hello,

To upgrade/edit SSIS packages you need the SSDT = SQL Server Data Tools plugin for Visual Studio 2013, which is a separate installation; you can get it here as free download from MS: Previous releases of SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT and SSDT-BI) ... => Download SSDT-BI for Visual Studio 2013 (important, use the SSDT-BI version for SSIS!)

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

• Proposed as answer by Eric__Zhang Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by TWIKLE Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:56 PM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2017 5:10 AM
  • I downloaded and installed the SSDT-BI program. It install Visual Studio 2012 Integrated Shell on PC. I don't see visual Studio 2013 on my PC. The file name is SSDTBI_x86_ENU. I still can't load projects from Visual Studio 2010. 

I think the real issue is VS 2010 files have the .dtproj extension which VS 2013 does not support. The file types supported in VS 2013 do not show .dtproj files. Is there a conversion utility I need to use?

tudio 2010.

Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:43 PM
  • Never mind my last reply. I found the right program on my PC and the project updated. Thank you for your answer.
    Thursday, January 19, 2017 4:56 PM