Data Driver Unit Test Example does not compile. RRS feed

• Question

• I found two examples of access an xls file and under 2008 they do not compile.

int x= Int32::Parse(testContextInstance.DataRow["Arg1"].ToString());

Both get an error "must have class/struct/union", both lines of code were taken from MSDN examples. Does anyone know whats wrong. Second issue the TextContext was define as "

TestContext^ testContextInstance;"

What does the ^ mean? I cannot find it in online documentation.

Has the C++ language involved past my simple knowledge?

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I did a research and find a thread about how to write a data driven unit test in C++:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vststest/thread/651692f1-9b14-470d-b2f3-24a7931c6bb3/

David provided us detailed code which you can reference.

I am not C++ expert. I think that it is related to C++ language rather than a test issue. If you want to know the meaning, I suggest that you can consult your issue on Visual C++ General forum for better support.

Based on David’s code, there is something wrong with this code: int x= Int32::Parse(testContextInstance.DataRow["Arg1"].ToString());.

It should be like this: int a = Int32::Parse(TestContext->DataRow[0]->ToString());

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:31 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your post.

I did a research and find a thread about how to write a data driven unit test in C++:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vststest/thread/651692f1-9b14-470d-b2f3-24a7931c6bb3/

David provided us detailed code which you can reference.

I am not C++ expert. I think that it is related to C++ language rather than a test issue. If you want to know the meaning, I suggest that you can consult your issue on Visual C++ General forum for better support.

Based on David’s code, there is something wrong with this code: int x= Int32::Parse(testContextInstance.DataRow["Arg1"].ToString());.

It should be like this: int a = Int32::Parse(TestContext->DataRow[0]->ToString());

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Amanda Zhu Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:31 AM
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:21 AM
  • Hello,

Since we haven't heard from you for a long time, I temporarily close this case. I mark useful reply as answer. If you have any concerns, please feel free to reopen it or submit a new question.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Amanda Zhu [MSFT]

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 1:31 AM