Sharepoint Designer Workflow - Send an Email that displays Item Changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have set up a Sharepoint Designer Workflow that sends an email to the Owner of an item (designated by a column in my list) whenver that item is changed by another user. The workflow looks like this:

If Current Item:Modified by not equals Current Item:Primary Owner

Email Primary Owner

This is set to occur whenever an item is modified.

I would like the email to show what changes were made to the item, similar to how Sharepoint's notifications work. It should show what the field that was changed to trigger the notification contains currently and what it contained previous to the change. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Friday, February 27, 2015 5:39 PM

All replies

• hi,

out of box there is no option available. But you can implement a solution.

Create a hidden field as multiple line of text. Make it a hidden field so that user cannot enter into this field.

When ever a workflow start check if this field is empty that means item is create now using string manipulation in workflow concatenate the meta data in one workflow variable and save it in this hidden field.

whenevre a workflow is start if hidden field is not empty it means this is an update item scenerio and than you 

can have read old values from this field and you have new values in item metadat. format email to get diff.

send email upadte the hidden field again with new meta data.

Whenever you see a reply and if you think is helpful,Vote As Helpful! And whenever you see a reply being an answer to the question of the thread, click Mark As Answer

Friday, February 27, 2015 6:44 PM