Shared Schedule does not pause RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am using sharepoint 2010 with Sql Server 2012 release version and am experiencing a strange issue. I had set up a shared schedule yesterday to run every fifteen minutes so that I could test SSRS report subscriptions. The schedule was only set to run until today (the minimum time it could be set up for), and when looking at the corresponding sql agent job, it was supposed to expire a few hours ago. The problem is that the schedule is still running, and hitting "Pause" from the sharepoint site has no effect on it. I can disable the agent job manually at least.  The Next Run Time value in the shared schedule page shows as "Expired", so it appears that Sharepoint doesnt believe its still running. I also posted this in the Sql Tools forum in case its really an Sql Agent issue, but I am concerned that pausing the schedule had no effect outside of sharepoint.

Any Assistance in resolving this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Thursday, August 2, 2012 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

This may take some time. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

Pengyu Zhao

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:30 AM
  • Thank  you for looking into this! Quick update on the issue: These schedules did finally stop at midnight of the end date in the agent job. It appears that they were ignoring the time element. An interesting note that other schedules I would create would just delete the agent job completely when paused or deleted in Sharepoint, so I am unsure what was different about the first two schedules that caused this behavior. I can see that the job id's and schedule id's all map through, so there doesnt appeaer to be a broken link but I may have missed something.

Anywho, thanks in advance for helping out!

Monday, August 6, 2012 2:45 PM
  • Duplicate of the following thread in SQL Server Tools forum:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqltools/thread/d072154b-87ad-46f0-95e7-06f928eaba23

Regards,
    Swetha|
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:50 PM