none
Any way to programatically do anything in the toolbar? (WebForms version) RRS feed

• Question

• It seems the ReportViewer is severely lacking in the ability to programmatically do some of the things you can do from the toolbar.  The version I'm using is the one with VS 2005 and it's the WebForms variant.

The only things I managed to do was export and refresh and grab the total number of logical pages...  I would love to be able to do a Find or Find Next.  But more importantly, I want to be able to change the pages of what's displayed.  These are present in the WinForms version (as Find(), FindNext() or CurrentPage).  If there's a way to do this in the WebForms version, can someone please help me out?

The reason I'm getting rid of the toolbar is because it's only way I can get the report to display properly is to get rid of the toolbar without deleting the DOCTYPE line.  Deleting it messes so many more things up.  I'm talking about the hidden horizontal toolbar issue.  Also, if used in AsyncRendering="False" mode in an UpdatePanel, the page change control gets crippled.

So, it'd be nice to have a separate toolbar control or be able to implement it elsewhere.

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 11:02 PM