none
Give read-only member read-write on single sub-folder? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sharepoint site (via Office 365) called “Public Documents” and within there I have a COOP folder. Up until now all the regional members of our organization are only supposed to have read-only for the top-level Public Documents and all sub folders.

A ticket just came in that I need to give one single user read/write access to the COOP folder only (Public Documents > COOP). How can I do that without affecting other users permissions? This user “Jane” is a member of the read-only group currently.

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:29 PM

All replies

• Hi pstoric,

You could share the folder like this:

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:14 AM
  • Actually I got the "ok" to give that one user read/write to everything so that made it simple. Thanks for the help though.
    • Proposed as answer by Michael Han6 Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:38 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2019 3:21 PM
  • Hi,

Glad that you solved this issue. Thanks for your sharing. You could mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 1:40 AM