How to create an exe file in VS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a new pryect and want to create an .exe
    Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:46 AM

All replies

• With VS 2019, it should be a similar menu in 2012 =>

Saturday, October 10, 2020 7:17 AM
  • 1. Go to Solution Configurations, click "Release". Otherwise, you exe file will in debug mode.

2. Go to Build, click "Build Solution".

You can also press F6 to build solution.

3. Open file explorer, go to folder project/bin/release, you can find your exe file there.

Saturday, October 10, 2020 9:49 AM
  • I have created a new pryect and want to create an .exe

You haven't given nearly enough information to allow a focused reply.

What kind of project have you created? Console? WinForms? Other?

What does your code look like?

The general procedure, once you have created a new project and added your
    code to it, is to do a Build which invokes a compile and related processes
    needed to create an exe. (Note that when you create a new Project using one
    of the templates that project will become part of a "Solution". One Solution
    may contain more than one Project.)

A Build can be started using the menus or a function key (F7).

For more details go to:

Visual Basic 2012 Tutorial
    https://www.vbtutor.net/vb2012/vb2012_lesson1.html

- Wayne

Saturday, October 10, 2020 4:26 PM
  • Hello,

No matter what type of project you want to create e.g. Window Form, Console or WPF the best idea is to use VS2019. All of the current Microsoft documentation points to VS2019 and you can use the newest .NET Framework or an older version of the .NET Framework. All in all with VS2019 it's a) easier on you to create projects b) easy for those here willing to help to assist you with issues.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Sunday, October 11, 2020 3:45 AM
  • Hi Rolando C Valdes,

If your question has been answered then please click the "Mark as Answer" Link at the bottom of the correct post(s), so that it will help other members to find the solution quickly if they face a similar issue.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 21, 2020 2:28 AM