Help Me Device specific content rendering in framework 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• User1103864543 posted

In my current scenario, i do device specific rendering (html, wml11, wml12) on framework 1.1. i profile new devices which comes into market, add to config folder, and update my machine.config. Im planning to migrate to Framework 2.0. Now 

1. How do i specify or where shld i specify to render the desired content, whether to render wml11/Edge in framework 2.0
    2. Do i need to add the individual config files of each and every mobile device to the config folder as i do in framework 1.1?
    3. If i need to add the individual config files of devices which i have profiled, how do i add it and where shld i add it? mean in the config folder?
    4. To sumup, i want to render Device Specific Content (HTML, WML11, WML12) using framework 2.0

It may sound very basic to every experts around here, but im inexpert. please help me.

Thnx in advance for help.

Regs,

Bharani.

Wednesday, May 2, 2007 11:44 PM

Answers

• User1634317999 posted

In my current scenario, i do device specific rendering (html, wml11, wml12) on framework 1.1. i profile new devices which comes into market, add to config folder, and update my machine.config. Im planning to migrate to Framework 2.0.

Now 

1. How do i specify or where shld i specify to render the desired content, whether to render wml11/Edge in framework 2.0
    2. Do i need to add the individual config files of each and every mobile device to the config folder as i do in framework 1.1?
    3. If i need to add the individual config files of devices which i have profiled, how do i add it and where shld i add it? mean in the config folder?

There is no difference between ASP.NET 1.1 Mobile Controls and ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls. Additionally you are able to configure new devices with .browser files.

The new devices which come on the market render XHML or HTML.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:28 AM

All replies

• User1634317999 posted

In my current scenario, i do device specific rendering (html, wml11, wml12) on framework 1.1. i profile new devices which comes into market, add to config folder, and update my machine.config. Im planning to migrate to Framework 2.0.

Now 

There is no difference between ASP.NET 1.1 Mobile Controls and ASP.NET 2.0 Mobile Controls. Additionally you are able to configure new devices with .browser files.

The new devices which come on the market render XHML or HTML.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, May 3, 2007 8:28 AM
  • User1103864543 posted

Dear RKT

Thnx before anything for your valuable reply. i dont have issues with the mobile controls. all i need to know is if i profile a new device, where shld i add the new device reference? and its rendering type?

could you please tel me more abt the .browser files?

Regs,

Bharani.

Tuesday, May 8, 2007 3:22 AM
  • User1634317999 posted

Hello Bharani

The configuration of new devices with browserCaps Elements in Web as you know it from .NET Framework 1.1.is still supported in .NET Framework 2.0. But it is recommended to use the new Browser Definition File Schema with .browser files on machine or application level. For details see the documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms228122(VS.80).aspx.

Wednesday, May 9, 2007 7:52 AM