none
PassThrough Pipeline on EDI RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to develop a orchestration which receive a EDI 271 through a pass through pipeline into orchestration and send it through a pass through send pipeline.

When I deploy and drop the file, I get an error "The published message could not be routed because no subscribers were found. "

This is a simple recieve and send and I dont understand why..

any suggestions

Thanks

Krishna

Thursday, March 1, 2012 10:49 PM

Answers

• In your orchestration create a message of type System.Xml.XmlDocument, receive and send that message.

Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

• Marked as answer by Krishna Kal Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:49 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:57 AM

All replies

• What filter are you using on the send port?

It should be something like:

BTS.ReceivePortName = MyReceivePortName

NOTE: Make sure you trim any spaces.

Sorry missed the Orchestration reference.

You can make an orchestration "passthrough" by specifying your receive port name in the receive shape filter (same filter as mentioned above).  Make sure you specify "Activate" = "True" on your receive shape.   Create a message type of System.String and use that in the receive shape as the message type.  Specify System.String as the receive and send message types.  See below:

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Thursday, March 1, 2012 11:52 PM
  • Orchestration understands the message using Messagetype.....

When you use pass through pipeline it doesnot promote Messagetype .....thats y orchestration is not able to receive your file........and you are getting above error..

In order to remove the above error in the receive pipeline you need to use XML pipeline....

And if you are using orchestraion only to send through pass through send pipeline......Do not use orchestration just use send pipeline and in the send port fileter use BTS.ReceivePortName = MyReceivePortName.......... this will work even with passthrough pipeline....

• Edited by sriaug Friday, March 2, 2012 12:09 AM
    Friday, March 2, 2012 12:06 AM
  • Thanks for the reply David.

I did exactly the same, Orchestration with recieve and send ports and filters on Receive port,, still the same issue

Krishna

Friday, March 2, 2012 2:55 PM
  • You are absolutely correct... I could not get it working either.

I thought we fixed that in 2006 or 2006 R2.  I remember testing the proposed fix with flat files six or seven years ago.

Sorry to mis directy you... I must be getting old :-)

David Downing... If this answers your question, please Mark as the Answer. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, March 2, 2012 5:24 PM
  • In your orchestration create a message of type System.Xml.XmlDocument, receive and send that message.

Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

• Marked as answer by Krishna Kal Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:49 PM
    Saturday, March 3, 2012 5:57 AM
  • Thanks Bill.

That was it .. I had to make message as System.Xml.XmlDocument

Thanks a lot

Krishna

Krishna

Sunday, March 4, 2012 9:49 PM
  • Was your  EDI 271 document XML or flat file?  If it was flat file, are you saying the System.XML.XmlDocument consumed the flat file?

Monday, March 5, 2012 5:06 AM