none
VStudio installed before MS Office RRS feed

• Question

• Group,

Just got my new laptop (win/7 64 bit) and installed the VStudio Premium 2010 - and after installation remembered that I should have installed MS Office prior to the VStudio installation.  When using the VSTools, if I remember correctly this is a problem with MS OFFICE not installed prior to VStudio.  Is there a work around with this, or will I have to uninstall and reinstall.  Hoping for a workaround....

Diane

Friday, March 2, 2012 8:00 PM

Answers

• http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/7a52aaf6-8e32-48d2-8686-86ef0f47369e

Although it's not really any more useful than my extract.

I have a different version of VS, but trying it just now I think I can see what Cindy meant. Also on Windows 7 64 bit, I go to:

Office Pearl (what I still call the start button) > Click 'Control Panel' > Click 'Programs' > Click 'Programs and features' > Scroll down and select 'Microsoft Visual Studio' (there are loads of entries, but the one that looks most fundamental) > Click 'Change' > Follow on screen instructions.

• Marked as answer by diane06 Monday, March 5, 2012 3:42 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:31 PM

All replies

• You shouldn't have to reinstall. As Cindy Meister has said elsewhere:

'You'll need to run a "Change" from the Windows Control Panel in order to install it after-the-fact.'

Friday, March 2, 2012 9:00 PM
  • Joe,

Would you a link to the comment from above, I've been researching but can't seem to come up with anything.  I'm holding off with the Office 2010 installation until I definitely know if I would be good to go - or the steps I need to fix it with a "after the fact" install of Office 2010.

Thanks

Diane

Sunday, March 4, 2012 1:47 AM
  • http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vsto/thread/7a52aaf6-8e32-48d2-8686-86ef0f47369e

Although it's not really any more useful than my extract.

I have a different version of VS, but trying it just now I think I can see what Cindy meant. Also on Windows 7 64 bit, I go to:

Office Pearl (what I still call the start button) > Click 'Control Panel' > Click 'Programs' > Click 'Programs and features' > Scroll down and select 'Microsoft Visual Studio' (there are loads of entries, but the one that looks most fundamental) > Click 'Change' > Follow on screen instructions.

• Marked as answer by diane06 Monday, March 5, 2012 3:42 AM
    Sunday, March 4, 2012 3:31 PM
  • Joe,

Many Thanks!!

It's all good - did as you pointed out above.

Diane

Monday, March 5, 2012 3:41 AM