none
Suddenly can't debug a C# command line app

Answers

  • Hi Dave,

    Would you mind share a snapshot of the command line argument setting? Like the image below:

    Best regards,

    Fletch


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.


    Thursday, February 02, 2017 2:00 AM

All replies

  • Hi Dave,

    Is this program with arguments?

    If so, specify command-line arguments for debugging

    1. Right click on your project name in Solution Explorer and select Properties
    2. Click the Debug tab.
    3. In the Command line arguments field,      enter the command-line arguments you wish to use.

    Best regards,

    Fletch


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:49 AM
  • I have the command line arguments set.

    In addition, this has worked fine for years. It debugs fine on other computers. But on my computer it stopped running under the debugger.

    How can I fix this?


    What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

    Wednesday, February 01, 2017 1:13 PM
  • Hi Dave,

    Have you tried run VS in safe mode? 

    Command line: devenv /safemode, you could have a check if it's caused by some add-inns.

    Best regards,

    Fletch


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

    Wednesday, February 01, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hi Fletch;

    Good suggestion. Unfortunately, I tried and that didn't help. Same problem. And I checked again - the file is there and I can run it directly.

    Any other ideas?

    thanks - dave


    What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

    Wednesday, February 01, 2017 5:05 PM
  • Hi Dave,

    Would you mind share a snapshot of the command line argument setting? Like the image below:

    Best regards,

    Fletch


    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.


    Thursday, February 02, 2017 2:00 AM
  • You sir are a genius. That was it. I had:

    crop.orig.docx report.docx -xml http://www.thielen.com/test/SouthWind.xml=>http://www.thielen.com/test/SouthWind.xsd

    I changed it (added quotes) to:

    crop.orig.docx report.docx -xml "http://www.thielen.com/test/SouthWind.xml=>http://www.thielen.com/test/SouthWind.xsd"

    and now it works.


    What we did for the last 6 months - Made the world's coolest reporting & docgen system even more amazing

    Thursday, February 02, 2017 4:26 PM