ADA Section 508 compliance RRS feed

• Question

• Do you know if the Health Vault shell is Section 508 compliant? Will it work with a 'screen reader'?

Since authorization must take place through the shell, any application that is trying to be compliant relies on the shell to also be compliant.

Ken J.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 1:04 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken,

Yes, we have tested all areas of the HealthVault Shell for compatability with screen readers.  The workflow around new user sign-up with HealthVault and application authorization were at the top of our list when testing for accessibility.  With the HealthVault release available today, your users should have no problems using accessible technologies with HealthVault.

Thanks,
    -Tim
    Friday, September 18, 2009 6:40 PM

All replies

• Yes. I believe Health Vault is Section 508 compliant which I found from here . Then regarding screen reader do you mean whether any HV devices can convert what's on computer screen to automated audible output? Can you make it more clear.

Anish Ravindran
    • Edited by Anish Ravindran Friday, September 18, 2009 4:27 PM screen readers
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:11 PM
  • Anish,

Sorry for being vague. What I meant was will the HV shell function well with screen reader software? i.e. JAWS or some similar application? This is important as all applications must authorize through the shell. And if we have users that rely on screen reading technology, they will not be able to authorize if the shell is not compatible.

Thanks,

Ken J.
    Friday, September 18, 2009 4:49 PM
  • Hi Ken,

Yes, we have tested all areas of the HealthVault Shell for compatability with screen readers.  The workflow around new user sign-up with HealthVault and application authorization were at the top of our list when testing for accessibility.  With the HealthVault release available today, your users should have no problems using accessible technologies with HealthVault.

Thanks,
    -Tim
    Friday, September 18, 2009 6:40 PM