How to track progress of a team and project RRS feed

• Question

• User264732274 posted

<br>
    I need to know the best tool to manage developers team. How to allot job to each developer as a result at day end or week end each developer performance or efficiency can be clear with graph and can be placed before upper management as PM?&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>
    Please guide me or redirect me right article on this issue.<br>
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:39 PM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

Short answer: this is a hard problem and there isn't necessarily a single best answer.

This is a bit of a tough topic as there are quite a few metrics that can be used to account for developer progress, but they don't necessarily always yield the most meaningful amount of information. What you are asking specifically isn't really something that is cut-and-dry and generally requires a bit of experience with actually managing developers to know how they work and who to allocate to which tasks.

In order to do something like this, you'll need to put a system in place that breaks down all major elements of your project into smaller tasks and assign those to developers (or let them choose the ones that they work on). You could then use this to see what your devs are working on and which issues / tasks are being completed throughout a given period of time. This isn't perfect my any means as fixing some CSS within a specific page and implementing a major feature are both tasks, but you just need to try and break things down as granularity as possible for a system like this to work.

You might consider looking into a specific Agile methodology that adopts some of these concepts and try implementing that within your teams. There are quite a few articles that could shed some light on these and other ways to measure your developers productivity as well :

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2016 8:52 PM