none
BizTalk Party Setup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a trading partner that will be sending 820 EDI files via AS2.  They will be sending two specific 820 (each contains a specific set of bank accounts that need to be routed to a specific end point).  As of now they will be sending using the same AS2-To, AS2-From, ISA05 and ISA08 values for all 820’s.  My question is what would be the best way to set up BizTalk so these messages can be routed correctly.  I am starting to see that setting up EDI in BizTalk is not simply creating a Party for each customer, but it’s setting up a Party for each start and end point relationship.

Most of the documentation I have seen has been for a simple non-real world examples so if anyone know where more complete EDI/AS2 party setup information can be found I wouldn’t mind reading up.

Thanks in advance.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 6:16 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can setup send port filters to route on the GS or ISA values.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    • Marked as answer by ParahT Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:26 PM

All replies

• Yes, you can setup more than one rows in the party as interchange receiver for different versions of an EDI schema. This is useful if sometimes you get 4010s and other times you get 3020s, etc.

For EDI it is definitely point-to-point but EDI stuff generally is because the schemas are so strict.

There are some gaps in a typical AS2/Edi implementation compared with the MSDN documentation. The AS2 tutorial gives you most of the picture: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245935(BTS.20).aspx

I think the largest gap is in how you configure BizTalk for a single inbound endpoint with lots of different parties and with multiple BizTalk applications, etc. Role links are pretty helpful here and the ESB toolkit gives you some capabilities too.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 8:35 PM
  • Ben,

Thanks for the reply.  The EDI files are coming in from out trading partner so I don’t think the Interchange as Receiver settings will help me.  My understanding is that Interchange as Receiver means outbound from BizTalk.

I could route on the GS02 and GS03 values, if they can be different from the ISA06 and ISA07 values.  I need to investigate this.  I would think so because the GS values are always referenced as “Application Code” whereas the ISA are “Interchange Code”.  If this is possible (I need to contact my trading partner) I can let the BizTalk party resolve the AS2 and ISA values and my BizTalk applications can route based on the GS.

Thanks
    T

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 9:51 PM
  • Yes, you can setup send port filters to route on the GS or ISA values.

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by ParahT Thursday, January 14, 2010 9:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 13, 2010 11:26 PM
  • Yes, you can setup more than one rows in the party as interchange receiver for different versions of an EDI schema. This is useful if sometimes you get 4010s and other times you get 3020s, etc.

For EDI it is definitely point-to-point but EDI stuff generally is because the schemas are so strict.

There are some gaps in a typical AS2/Edi implementation compared with the MSDN documentation. The AS2 tutorial gives you most of the picture: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb245935(BTS.20).aspx

I think the largest gap is in how you configure BizTalk for a single inbound endpoint with lots of different parties and with multiple BizTalk applications, etc. Role links are pretty helpful here and the ESB toolkit gives you some capabilities too.

Thanks,

Thanks for your answer. Your solution works for me. The problem was really a trouble.
    Monday, July 12, 2010 1:47 PM